PSYCHOLOGY 304: THINKING AND DECIDING
Tuesdays 1:30-4:20 pm in AL 211
Instructor: Derek Koehler
Teaching Assistant: Chris Striemer
- April 14: Final course marks are now available and can be accessed
from the link under "Course Information" below. Note that the marks
listing is password protected--just use the same username/password as was
used to access the slides from the lectures.
- March 24: The question set for the second exam is posted below.
- March 22: The question set for the second midterm exam will be posted
here shortly after the end of Dr. Koehler's office hour (that is, around 2:30)
on Wednesday March 24.
- March 18: Dr. Koehler will be holding a final office hour next Wednesday
(March 24), from 1:00-2:30 in PAS 4050.
- March 10: Our next class meeting (on March 16) will be held in PAS
3026 instead of our usual location, due to AL being booked for Campus
- March 4: A sheet with guidelines and evaluation criteria for the
course paper has been posted below.
- February 25: An answer key for the first midterm exam has been posted
outside Chris Striemer's office (PAS 2246).
- February 23: Answers to the first worksheet are posted below.
- February 17: Just a reminder that course paper proposals are due
at our next class meeting, one week from today.
- February 6: Click here for the midterm exam question set.
The exam will consist of 12 questions drawn from this set.
- February 4: Dr. Koehler will be holding an office hour from 1:00
to 2:30 tomorrow (Thursday, Feb 5) in PAS 4050, for last-minute questions
about material covered to this point in the course. The question set for the
first exam will be posted here on Friday afternoon, after which time we will
be answering clarification questions only.
- February 4: Due to the cancellation of last week's class, the deadline
for Worksheet #1 has been extended to this Friday (Feb 6) at 4:30pm. Please
leave your completed worksheets in Dr. Koehler's mailbox in PAS 3021A.
- February 2: Due to last week's snow day, tomorrow's lecture will
include abbreviated coverage of the scheduled topics for Week 4 (Anchoring
and adjustment) and Week 5 (Scenarios and planning). The revised slides for
the lecture ("Weeks 4 & 5") have been posted below.
- January 27: As you probably know by now, the university is closed
today, so this afternoon's class is cancelled. Please keep up with the scheduled
reading, and bring your critical comments on both this week's and next week's
assigned articles to class next week. Don't forget that Worksheet #1 (below)
is also due in class next week. The lecture next week will include abbreviated
coverage of this and next week's scheduled topics.
- January 19: Here are examples of critical comments by two students
(on last week's assigned article) that illustrate what we would like you to
do each week: Example 1, Example
- January 6: The example problem set handed out in class today is due
at the beginning of next week's class. Extra copies are available outside
my office (PAS 4050). Don't forget that the first critical commentary (on
the Dawes article) is also due in class next week.
Slides from Lectures
Note that these slides are from last year's course, and are subject to change
throughout the term. Files are password protected; please contact instructor for
the username and password. Files are in Microsoft Powerpoint format; right-click
on link and choose "Save target as..." to download.